- Punta Cana is popular with Europeans, particular Spaniards and many of the hotel chains are Spanish owned and operated.
- Punta Cana is a bit of an artificial creation and is all about the beach, so don't expect to find a quaint, local town to explore.
- Because most of the resorts here are all-inclusive, be prepared for security guards to stop you from accessing the beach at resorts where you are not a guest.
- Punta Cana is a favourite wedding and honeymoon destination. Honeymooners tend to go for the adults-only resorts.
- Like most other destinations in the Dominican Republic, flights into Punta Cana are combined with resorts not only in the Punta Cana area but throughout the island - even as far away as Santo Domingo. So always check the location of your resort before booking to ensure to you don't end up in another area altogether.